I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Interview: Carol Cassada


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

My name’s Carol and I’m a romance author, I’ve been writing for about three years and there’s parts of the industry I’m still learning about along the way. I’ve released three books so far. The first book Going Home Again was traditional, while Westmore and Westmore: The Aftermath were self-published.

What inspired you to write?

I’ve been interested in writing since I was a teenager, it helped get me through some difficult times, and it was an escape outlet for me. Writing became a passionate hobby for me; I loved it so much that I decided this is what I’d like to do for a living. After college I set out on the journey to become an author.

What authors influenced you as a writer?

One of the first romance novels I read was Keeping Faith by Janice MacDonald and it helped me get a feel for the genre and inspired me to write romance novels.

What is your favorite quote?

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”Henry David Thoreau

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

Growing up I thought it’d be great to live in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.



What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?

I think every writer needs to have a notebook, where they can write their book ideas and keep track of their progress.

Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors?

My writing is different from romance authors, because most authors have the steamy love scenes, while I like to tease the readers with couples kissing and touching each other, and leave everything else behind the bedroom door.

What led you to writing in this genre?

To be truthful, I never cared for romance novels, but within the last couple of years I started getting hooked on them. When I decided to become a writer, I didn’t know what genre to choose, then after reading my first romance novel, I decided this is the genre that’s going to suit me.

What is your favorite part of the writing process?

My favorite part is thinking of the characters and plots.

Least favorite part of the writing process?

Editing can sometimes be a pain in the neck. During the process, I have to go over the manuscript a couple of times, and each time I do I catch a mistake that I missed earlier or I decide to switch scenes around. It can be a hassle, but it’s one of the things you have to do as a writer.

What are you currently working on?

I’m working on volume 4 of Westmore, which I plan to release next year.

Where readers can find you?

I’m on every social media outlet there is.
Readers can visit my website www.carolcassada.net
Twitter: @dramacjc
Facebook: Author Carol Cassada

LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
I wish you would have asked my opinions on self-publishing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

more info
very item of material.Thanks for talking about.I like it very much.

Popular Posts