I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review: Take A Bow

Title: Take A Bow
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Publisher: Point
Genre: Growing up
Publication date: Feb 2013
5 Stars

Summary:  Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

Review: I just absolutely loved this book right away. I couldn't put it down! I loved Emme, disliked Sophie, Adored Carter and was always a bit unsure of Ethan. I always say I hate when authors write from multiple characters POV's but this time not so much Elizabeth Eulberg nailed it right on the head. I had finished  reading "The Girl With The Great Personality" right before I started to read this. I absolutely loved both books! I'm thinking of starting "The Lonely Hearts Club" next.

Quality of writing: 8
Pace: 8
Plot development: 8
Characters: 9
Enjoyability: 8
Insightfulness: 7
Ease of reading: 8
Illistrations: 10

1 comment:

rose.ann.castro said...

I’ve heard really great things about this book! It sounds like something I’d really like! I’ll have to bump it up my TBR pile now :-)

Popular Posts