I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Review: Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman



Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman
Pu
blisher: Walker and Company
Publication date: August 2012
Rate: 5+ Stars






Rachel and Alice are an extremely rare kind of identical twins-so identical that even their aunt and uncle, whom they've lived with since their parents passed away, can't tell them apart. But the sisters are connected in a way that goes well beyond their surfaces: when one experiences pain, the other exhibits the exact same signs of distress. So when one twin mysteriously disappears, the other immediately knows something is wrong-especially when she starts experiencing serious physical traumas, despite the fact that nobody has touched her. As the search commences to find her sister, the twin left behind must rely on their intense bond to uncover the truth. But is there anyone around her she can trust, when everyone could be a suspect? And ultimately, can she even trust herself?

Master storyteller Jessica Warman will keep readers guessing when everything they see-and everything they are told-suddenly becomes unreliable in this page-turning literary thriller.



Review: The beginning was not really my style in a few ways such as; The book had too slow of a start for me. Normally a book such as this where it starts out kind of scary sad it always grabs me in that certain way every time I read it. Sad to say I didn't feel it with this book.  Now to the part that keeps me reading. The twins seem to be connected but in a stronger way then normal twins. They literally feel when the other is in danger. It is pure craziness. As the book goes on it gets better. There's this one twist that I never expected. What could happen next is what I imagined as I waited to read the book again. Man I am soooo happy I kept reading on this book is crazy good. It's scary but not to scary. It's got so many shocks and surprises. The ending is the biggest shocker tho I will say that. I literally did not put this book down until I finished it. Amazing, Must read. 5+ stars 



 

No comments:

Popular Posts