I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: The Summer I found you by Jolene Perry

Title: The Summer I found you
Author: Jolene Perry
Publication Date: 2014
Publisher: Albert Whitman & Company
Pages: 256
Stars: 4.5 stars

Summary: Kate's dream boyfriend has just broken up with her and she's still reeling from her diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. 

Aidan planned on being a lifer in the army and went to Afghanistan straight out of high school. Now he's a disabled young veteran struggling to embrace his new life. 

When Kate and Aidan find each other neither one wants to get attached. But could they be right for each other after all?

Review: I really love this book. I feel like the story has two very good subjects that it is focused on. First wounded warriors, that's a huge part of this story. Also, a very large portion of way I loved this book. Adian is a young man who just lost someone who is very important to him and some one who has lost his arm.  Second diabetes, not many people understand this disease or how it affects people. I personally have multiple family members who suffer from diabetes. Main female character, I feel like I understand her well. I seem to be always drawn to characters who are strange. I don't know if that shows you my personality or just how I feel about myself. I feel like the author did a very good job with this book and all of her characters. I want to see more with these characters. I really like the cover, It's very pretty. 4.5 stars

No comments:

Popular Posts