I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Review: Buni by Ryan Pagelow

Title: Buni
Author: Ryan Pagelow
Publisher: Andrew McMeel Publishing
Where to buy: 
Stars: 2 stars

Summary: What do you get when you throw an incessantly optimistic bunny into a dark, antagonistic world? The twisted and side-splitting hilarity of Buni!
 

Always positive, Buni doesn’t understand that the cute world he lives in is usually out to get him. The girl he loves loves someone else. And his best intentions never seem to work. Yet he wakes up each day hopeful.
 
Together with his cynical dad and determined dog, he inhabits a surreal world populated by teddy bears, cupcakes, unicorns, and zombies.
 
With few words, these comics rely on images to tell the story, which is often twisted, sad and funny all at the same time. But more than anything, they show that nothing will keep Buni down. Because true happiness is a state of mind.


Review:

I try very hard to share reviews that are both positive but also suggest also checking out the book even if I don't like it. I love comics, I loved the idea behind this one because well honestly it really fits behind my sense of humor really well! But I just couldn't get behind it. The way it was pitched and the way it played out didn't seem to match to me. Individually I would love the comics. Together they just don't seem to work. I checked out the webpage when I was looking into the author. I really do like the comics. The bunny is so stupidly optimistic in such a messed up world and in a way it's like me and I can appreciate that. I do suggest checking the book out obviously what is not for me can be for someone else. Also, make sure to check out the author.
-Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts