I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Review: Queen of Babble


Title: Queen of Babble
Author: Meg Cabot
Publisher: Books on Tape
Publication Date: January 1, 2006
Reviewer: Annie

Summary:
Lizzie is heading off to England to meet with her long distance boyfriend.  As soon as she shows up everything starts going wrong.  Her boyfriend lives with his parents, he isn't as cute as she remembers, and he's in some money trouble.  Realizing she's made a huge mistake traveling all the way to England and not wanting to spend the money to go home early she boards a train to France to meet up with a friends who is working at a French chateau for the summer.  But trouble seems to follow her there and she keeps opening her mouth at the wrong time.

Review:
I love Meg Cabot (and really what girl doesn’t, she wrote The Princess Diaries!) so I thought I should try one of her “adult” books and I’m glad I did.  This is serious chick-lit, and I loved every minute of it.  I listened to it on audio and the reader was great!  As a person, Lizzie got on my nerves but her adventurous spirit was very fun.  One thing I didn't expect from this book were the vivid settings.  When she gets to the French chateau and vineyard I really felt like I wanted to be there too!  It made for a nice change in your usual setting for a chick-lit novel.  This book was an easy listen and I would recommend it to anyone who likes this genre or just wants a fun summer read!

No comments:

Popular Posts