I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, June 15, 2018

Review: Mae by Gene Ha

Title: Mae Vol. 1
Author: Gene Ha
Series: Mae
Publisher: Lion Forge
Publication Date: July 3, 2018
Pages: 208 pages
Where to buy: Amazon
Stars: 3

Summary: Mae's beloved older sister, Abbie, has been missing for years. Mae has her theories about where Abbie might be. But nowhere in her wildest imagination do those theories encompass a fantasy world full of terrifying monsters, power-hungry nobles, and nefarious scientists. That is, until Abbie suddenly reappears in Mae's world. And not alone.

Review: 

I love the drawing, it reminds me a bit of Life is Strange, well at the beginning anyways. I absolutely love the nerdy references. Of course who doesn't love nerdy references when you are a nerd though. What kills me is the fact that this is based in Indiana and I want to go buy this and show my cousin and his friend in Indiana because they hate being in Indiana and living there. This is great I really want to read the next one to see what happens next just because of the way it left off I was a little frazzled. It went into a bit of a hey here's the back story here's the this and yada yada. But it didn't get back to the story itself. I am happy that Gene did decide to go with Mae as the focus instead of having her sister as the main character because I very much enjoy Mae. She really focuses with her head and doesn't just go and gets herself stuck between a rock and a hard place.

No comments:

Popular Posts