I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Interview with S.S. Richards

Welcome to Jagged Edge Reviews! Thanks for joining us today. Now we thought we would start you off with some easier questions.

Tell us a little about yourself:
Hi my name is Sam and I am a contemporary romance author. I write under my pen name S.S Richards. I grew up in Ottawa, Canada and I am a sucker for good music and good books. 

When you walk into a book store, where is the first place you go?
I always go the romance section and start looking for new books to buy.

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading The Billionaire Bachelor by Jessica Lemmon and I am loving it!

Who are your favorite authors?
There is plenty of them but my absolute favorite are Laureline Paige and Georgia Le Carre.

When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
When I am not writing, I am reading. I read the most while I am editing, I could read a book a day. Other than that, I usually hang out with friends.

Tell us about your latest book.
My book Devoted To You is coming May 24th, 2019. It is a contemporary romance novel that tells a story of a business man who falls in love with his assistant. They start having a sex affair that turns into something else, something deeper than just their intimate relationship. They end up facing issues mainly because he’s not used to doing romance.

What advice do you have for other writers?
Don’t compare your writing or your books to any other authors.

What is your favorite quote?
“Read an hour every day in your chosen field. This works out to about one book per week, fifty books per year, and will guarantee your success.” ― Brian Tracy

What do you like to snack on while you write?
A warm cup of coffee.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
I would live in The Billionaire Banker series by Georgia Le Carre because I loved the series so much that I re-read it three times.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
I believe that every writer needs to write a lot and read a lot.

Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors?
My books are not different than my favorite books by other authors, I am a sucker for romance novels about billionaires and sassy heroines, and that’s the kind of romance that I write.

What led you to writing in this genre?
Ever since I was twelve years old I have been reading romance novels. I did go through a very rough time as a teenager and found myself writing poems and short stories. I used to escape my thoughts and depression through them, so I decided to become a writer hoping that my books will help anybody that is not feeling their best to escape their reality for a little bit.

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
Everyone is welcomed to follow me on Instagram at @s.srichardsbooks or twitter at @ssrichardsbooks, I also love receiving emails from readers at s.srichardsbooks@gmail.com.

No comments:

Popular Posts