I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Review: Arrange me by Katy Regnery

Title: Arrange Me
Author: Katy Regnery
Series: The Arranged Duo
Publication date: March 4, 2019
Stars: 5

Summary: My name is Courtney Jane Salinger...
and I'm sick of games.
Sick of the Friday night bar-scene-cum-meat-market.
Sick of the boy-girl, man-woman, mars-venus, flirtation-without-expectation, game-playing nonsense.
Sick of awful dates and one-night stands, booty calls and guys who don’t call back, mixed messages or NO messages and—and—and...I'm sick of all of it.
I’m done.
I just can't do it anymore.
It's too hard, and worse: little by little, it's making me hard.
It's breaking my heart.
What do I want?
That's easy.
I want a house in suburbia with a white picket fence.
I want babies to buckle into a minivan.
But most of all, I want to be married.
I want a husband.
So I've made an important decision: I'm making my escape from the dating world and the single life.
I've filled out my application on ArrangeMe.com and I'm putting my fate into the hands of experts.
Is it a little scary?
Sure.
I mean, I have no idea who I'll end up with.
After all, I'm planning to marry a complete stranger.
But between you and me?
I can't wait.
Being arranged can't possibly be worse than being single.
Can it?

Review: If you want a book that will put you directly in the feels and threaten to never let you go Arrange me by Katy Regnery is the book for you. Courtney is unbelievably driven in life she has done everything right. Relationships are her only kryptonite. One day she finally decides that dating isn't an option anymore and she needs to just get married. Josh is a struggling playwright who works a few days a week and lives with four other people in a two bedroom apartment. All so he has the ability to chase his dreams and make ends meet at the same time. I love how much he is about compromise. Josh never really noticed Courtney until the day she decided to give up dating and just marry someone. I absolutely love Josh, Dina, Courtney's aunt and Courtney. They all seem like fantastic people. On top of that they all bring a little bit of something to the table. I'm also a big fan of the different topics discussed in here from musicals and plays to travel and drinks that I've literally never heard of. The romance is sexy without being absolutely dirty. This story makes you wonder if a person would truly ever sacrifice anything like that for someone else. I can't wait to see what happens next in Arrange Us!
Also, win on the Packers shoutout!!

No comments:

Popular Posts