I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, April 12, 2019

Review: Before We Fell by Stacey Lynn

Title: Before We Fell
Author: Stacey Lynn
Publication date: 4/9/2019
Stars: 5

Summary: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The horror that rocked my small town last winter also brought Noah Wilkes into my life. The first almost broke all of us, but the second changed everything.

He stomped into my classroom all angry scowls and rudeness, the big-shot lawyer who was always too good for this small town. But the moment his smile softened toward his niece, it was me that melted. 

The heartbreak that brought him back also brought me closer to him, to the man he hides from the world behind his swagger and aggression. The man I couldn’t help but fall for. 

But life has a way of throwing a curveball when you least expect it, and this one could cost me everything--even him.

Turned out, our fates were written in the sky before we ever met—
Before we fell.

Review: For this book being incredibly sad at the start it made me smile a lot. It shows how incredible and dedicated some teachers can be. It shows the aftermath of murder and how traumatizing it can be. This book is honestly so tastefully put together, it's almost sinful. I've felt so many emotions throughout this whole book that I'm torn on which direction to go in for the review. With about an hour and a half left to the book I honestly just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But then the very end makes your heart smile. This might just be one of those books you want to have a glass of wine or a bowl of ice cream with. Because it's going to take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The story line hit very close to home for me as a lot of books have recently for me. My best friend and her mother were murdered in their home almost three years ago. Unfortunately most trials are not actually that fast. Besides that my only true complaint would be that it jumps time but it's not super good at saying it. I kind of liked that it had a sort of batman feel... unfortunately it was only because that poor girls parents were murdered. But all around it was a great book, with great development.

No comments:

Popular Posts