I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Review: Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson

Title: Getting Hot with the Scot
Author: Melonie Johnson
Publisher: St. Martin's
Publication date: April 30, 2019
Stars: 4.5

Summary: IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT
Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spending it with a sexy Scot couldn’t hurt. . .
Logan Reid has built a career on his charm, hosting a series of off-the-wall hijinks on the Web. But when the Scottish prankster meets the all-American, equal parts intelligent and irresistible Cassie, Logan realizes that one night of fun won’t be enough. Could it be that this career-focused, commitment-phobic couple is finally ready to take a chance at true and lasting love?

Review: I'm not sure why I thought this book had a bit of time travel in it. But I was wrong and I'm okay with it. My goodness you can feel the steam just rolling off the page from Cassie and Logan's first interaction well into every one that follows. I unfortunately had to put pause on reading this book for a moment due to time restrictions with other books. However, I was able to pick this one back up like I never put it down. The energy between everyone is astounding. I still kind of imagine over half of that group being a variation of red heads which is almost impossible. I would really suggest the book to my Scottish romance fiends. It's got a bit of back and forth. But all around i'm obsessed! I love my some Scots. 😍 I honestly already found another book by this author to read before I was done with this one. She's got me very interested and I can't wait to read more of her work. Update: I absolutely started the next book I'm so excited to finish the next two!!

No comments:

Popular Posts