I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, September 30, 2011

After Obsession

Author: Carrie Ryan & Steven E. Wedel
Series: ---
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA 
Publication Date: September 13, 2011

How Received: For Review
Summary: 
Aimee and Alan have secrets. Both teens have unusual pasts and abilities they prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other, in a cold Maine town, they can't stop their secrets from spilling out. Strange things have been happening lately, and they both feel that something-or someone- is haunting them. They're wrong. Despite their unusual history and powers, it's neither Aimee nor Alan who is truly haunted. It's Alan's cousin Courtney who, in a desperate plea to find her missing father, has invited a demon into her life-and into her body. Only together can Aimee and Alan exorcise the ghost. And they have to move quickly, before it devours not just Courtney but everything around her.

Review: I'm offended they spelt Lil' Wayne wrong. Thankfully this was an ARC an the editorial errors should be fixed when the book is published. Other the that I really loved how the book played out. I was a bit of a skeptic because of all the mixed reviews. But honestly this book was pretty good. I read the interview between the two of them before I read the book so I knew it had to be good. And of couse The River man makes me want to stay away from Maine and rivers. They may have ruined kyaking for me :) But in all honesty I'm going to say you should see it for yourself. But be prepard for the unexpected because its nothing like Carrie's ever written before (not that I know of) and I have no idea about Steven's books. :] Warning if you don't like a fast relationship don't read :] (Sorry I don't think that made any sense) 5 

1 comment:

In Julie's Opinion said...

Awesome review! I'm reading this right now, I'm halfway through, and I'm really liking it so far! I'm really glad you like it, too :)
jwitt33 at live dot com

Popular Posts