I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Iron Queen

Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: January 25, 2011
How Received: Purchased
Rate: 5+

 
Summary (as quoted from Amazon) My name is Meghan Chase. 
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 
This time, there will be no turning back.


My thoughts:
The Iron Queen was a fantastic read. Just when you think Meghan and Ash might finally catch a break, they are thrown right back into the middle of the fae war. Characters came back at the strangest times, and I really enjoyed the way that I never knew what was going to happen. Meghan grew a lot in this book, and became the amazing, practically perfect heroine that I always knew she was going to be from the start of the series. Ash showed a sensitive personality that we don’t really get to see in the other books. His usually cold and stoic demeanor was replaced with a really sweet and caring personality. It was awesome getting to see that different side of Ash. Puck, as always, was extremely snaky and fun. He too showed in some scenes that he was very sensitive, and that he wasn’t always making a joke out of everything. His humor and wit increased in this book, and his actions were at times both shocking and hilarious. Grim was sarcastic (as usual) and always knew what to do. With a fun and action packed plot, The Iron Queen is an amazing read, and I definitely recommend picking it up today.
5+/5
~Moujnir 

No comments:

Popular Posts