I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Review: Ink


Title: Ink
Author: Amanda Sun
Series: Paper Gods (#1)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: 
 June 25, 2013
Reviewer: Kati
Rating: 5 Stars

Summary: I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion                                                              sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.

On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive

Review: OMG! OMG! OMG! Sooooo flipping addicting! I started this book and I loved it. It's based in Japan. It's about a girl named Katie. Her mom dies and she has to live in Japan with her aunt until her grandfathers in remission from his cancer. The story line is so strong and well crafted I never really wanted it to end. I literally read at work even on my lunch breaks I loved it so much. I have a small love for the Japanese culture and the language. A few years ago I tried to teach myself Japanese. I was never good at remembering that kind of stuff so I kind of quit by shockingly I remember most of what I focused on learning so I may continue to try and learn the language. But anyways the book is so amazing you won't want to put it down. You will defiantly want to read it!  I really wish book two was out already. I read a tiny blip of it but I couldn't help but want to read it all and I couldn't. 

Rate (1-10)[low to high]:
Quality of writing: 9
Pace: 9
Plot development: 9
Characters: 10
Enjoy ability: 9
Insightful ness: 9
Ease of reading: 9
-Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts