I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Review: Dead Time


Title: Dead Time
Author: Anne Cassidy
Series: The Murder Notebooks (#1)
Publisher: Walker and Company
Publication Date:  May 22, 2012
Reviewer: Kati
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Summary: When Rose was twelve, her mother and stepfather went out for dinner and never came back. Now seventeen, she lives with her grandmother and goes to school in London. She’s always wondered about her stepbrother, Joshua, whom she only lived with briefly and who was also relocated after their parents’ disappearance. When Rose and Joshua meet again, they find they have much in common, including a desire to uncover the mystery surrounding their parents’ disappearance . . . and a mutual attraction to each other. But when Rose witnesses the murders of not one but two of her classmates, she must uncover who is behind these violent crimes. And when she and Joshua discover that a much larger conspiracy is underway, both of their lives will be in danger. From international bestseller Anne Cassidy, this first in a fastpaced and romantic new mystery series will keep readers guessing.

Review: I kept losing interest in this book, so it took me a good deal of time to get through it. I’m sorry to say, the story left me wanting much more. There were parts of the book that were really great, but too many others that just didn’t work. I'm lost for words on this one. Honestly I don't know how to describe it. It's not a first for me not to be able to describe a book. But I hate it. It sucks. Makes for sucky reviews.

Rate (1-10)[low to high]:
Quality of writing: 7
Pace: 4
Plot development: 5
Characters: 8
Enjoy ability: 7
Insightful ness: 8
Ease of reading: 4
-Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts