I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Interview with Catherine Lanigan


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
I am an author and published nearly forty times. The Adventures of Lilli and Zane: The Golden Flute is my first young adult novel. I am thrilled that this book which sprang into my mind in 1996, is finally being published. I worked a long time on the concept for the entire series and I truly wanted a very fun, educational and interesting book for young people to enjoy.

What inspired you to write?  
I have wanted to be a writer since I was six.  I believe I was born to this life. Talent is a gift from God. You can’t go buy it or fashion it. It exists. It is our calling to take it up or reject it. I see people every day rejecting the very thing they were gifted to do and create. It is so sad.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
 I have always liked Fitzgerald and Hemingway.

What is your favorite quote? Winston Churchill. Never give in, never, never give in, never, never, never - in nothing great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.


If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?  The Great Gatsby. Especially at the Party.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?  HAVE A VERY THICK SKIN.

Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors? Yes.

What led you to writing in this genre?
 My first book was an historical romantic spy thriller.  I still love that idea. But Lilli and Zane …the series….is my secret wish…to be an archeologist and discover all the ancient mysteries and legends.

What is your favorite part of the writing process? Writing the book. Then seeing the cover the art department has gleaned from my writing and notes.

Least favorite part of the writing process? The End of the book.

What are you currently working on? The second book in the Lilli and Zane Adventures. Love those kids! And their next adventure is one that was inspired by true events in my life that involved real stolen Spanish Doubloons!!!!

Where readers can find you? Barnes and Noble. Google. Amazon. The Barnes and Noble stores. Independent bookstores.  www.catherinelanigan.com. Facebook. Twitter. Linked In.  cdlanigan@aol.com. Libraries everywhere. Archives of “Coast to Coast” Radio show. UTUBE.

LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't? Yes. How many more books do you want to write?
Answer.  ONE hundred.

No comments:

Popular Posts