I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, July 12, 2021

Review: Savage by Anna Ray


Title: Savage

Author: Anna Ray
Publication date: July 7th, 2021

Summary: He scares the living daylights out of me. But not for the reasons he might think. And that scares me even more. Hazel He’s magnetic. Tall and commanding. Heartbreakingly gorgeous.
Borne of ice. Ruthless. Dangerous. And his dark, mesmerizing gaze is locked onto me. This man is fantasy in the flesh. Callum O’Daire.
Darling of Boston’s moneyed society and king of the underworld. And I’m here to ask a favor from this soulless creature. Beg, if I have to. I despise him. Body and soul. Callum Hazel Brentwood. Even from a distance, she’s striking. Stands out. Eyes like dark gold that glittered with fire and untapped passion. She needs my help.
But I hate the Brentwoods. All of them. Old money that covers sins and crimes that will never be answered to The very thing keeping Hazel so pampered and pretty. Blood money. If anyone’s going to tear her to shreds, to destroy her, it’s going to be me. My way. Sultry stares, passionate embraces, and suspense await you inside Savage.
This enemies-to-lovers mafia romance will have you flipping the pages, begging Callum or Hazel to make the first move!

Review: I really want to like this book. But it's super repetitive, on one page it will say something then repeat it on the next page like they forgot they wrote it or were trying to hit a word quota. I really don't see how this book qualifies to be in the Mafia sub-genre. The story itself is nice. The book took me a day to read, so it was nice and quick. I really like Callum, but both characters had their annoying qualities. I would have to give this book 3 stars. 

No comments:

Popular Posts