I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Review: Temptation by Ivy Smoak

 

Title: Temptation

Author: Ivy Smoak
Publication date: February 7th, 2015
Series: The Hunted (1 of 4)

Summary: Shy student Penny Taylor always follows the rules. At least, that’s how it appears to her classmates. But she has one illicit secret – she’s fallen hard for her professor. And she’s pretty sure he’s fallen for her too.

Everyone loves Professor Hunter. He’s tall, dark, and handsome. And completely unobtainable. But it’s the secrets hiding behind his deep brown eyes that allures Penny. Secrets darker than she could ever imagine.

James Hunter gave up his billionaire lifestyle in NYC last year to become a professor. The easiest new rule to follow: don’t fraternize with the students. It’s easy to follow because he’s become quite the recluse in his new town – the only way he knows how to keep his secrets buried.

But he never expected to be teaching such a beautiful student. He has to resist her. He needs to walk away. Penny deserves better than a man with his demons. But she’s daring him to cross the line. And he’s never been one to resist temptation.

Review: Holy cow, honestly whoa. I read it so fast not realizing how absolutely addicting their story would be. I cannot wait to read the second one or heck the rest of the series for that matter. I really liked Tyler but you know she's going to end up with the bad boy. I would really like to read Tyler's story though if it has been written (it definitely should be). Penny is funny and quick witted. She reminds me of me and how absolutely confused I was in my early 20s when it came to guys. I hope to see James open up a bit more in the upcoming novels as he is extremely guarded. His hesitancy to open up and her general lack of knowledge of men and how to handle situations leads to a lot of confusing moments. I highly recommend this book if you haven't already read it.

No comments:

Popular Posts