I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Interview

Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Thank you for having me, Kati!

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
As of right now, I’m an English student, planning on being a high school teacher. Literature is my passion; I love to both read and write it.

What inspired you to write?
For a very long time, I didn’t write down my stories – I just daydreamed them. But as I got older, I realized I wanted other people to experience the unique worlds that only I could have created, and to do that, I would have to write them on paper (or a computer screen).

What authors influenced you as a writer?
I would say the authors I read as a child would have influenced me the most, like C.S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling.

What is your favorite quote?
“Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” – Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown. I don’t know why, but I use this whenever I have the opportunity to. It’s kind of funny and depressing at the same time.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
Peter Pan, so I could live forever! And fly.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
I try not to give broad writing advice that everyone must follow because I believe every writer’s journey is different, so, as lame as this may sound, the only thing a writer needs is it – the natural talent. The X factor.

Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors?
I do read a lot of young adult and fantasy literature, so the answer is yes, in terms of genre. However, I think what I focus on in my stories is different than my favourite books.

What led you to writing in this genre?
I basically just write whatever is the most interesting to me, so writing about teens, fantasy, romance, and action were very easy choices for me.

What is your favorite part of the writing process?
The entire first draft is always fun – everything is fresh, new and exciting.

Least favorite part of the writing process?
The 17th edit round.

What are you currently working on?
I’m writing the sequel to The Keeper’s Curse.

Where readers can find you?
You can bug me on my blog (http://dianaharrison.blogspot.ca/), twitter (diana0harrison) and/or goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6569644.Diana_Harrison).



LAST QUESTION:

Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?

Nope, I think that’s good. Thanks again, Kati!


No comments:

Popular Posts