I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Rough Men by Aric Davis

Book: Rough Men
Author: Aric Davis
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer
Publication date: jan 2013

Summary:
For his entire adult life, ex-criminal Will Daniels has been running from his past. Now, in the wake of his son's gruesome death, he'll turn around and embrace it. After learning his boy got his head half blown off while helping a couple of punks rob a bank, Will tries - oh, how he tries - to just let the police handle the investigation. But as legal channels fall well short and Will's helpless fury mounts, it's only a matter of time before he dishes out a more personal brand of justice. Armed with a dark past and brutal skills, Will is perfectly equipped to hunt down his son's killers. Unfortunately, his violent quest for revenge may destroy him and everything he loves before it's over.

Review: I read a good and useful hurt and Nickel Plated by Aric Davis and thought I would give this one a chance because I loved them both so much. Aric writes the things you almost don't expect to read but when you do your happy you did. Now sadly for me it just wasn't up to par with his first to books but don't get me wrong it is still a book worth reading. My suggestion is read Aric's books and just fall in love with the characters like I did. You won't be disappointed.

Quality of writing: 9
Pace: 7
Plot development: 5
Characters: 8
Enjoyability: 8
Insightfulness: 8
Ease of reading: 8

No comments:

Popular Posts