I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Guest Post: His Wife, Her Answer by Danielle Yosere

About the book: "His Wife, Her Answer" is the first book in the “Choices and Answers” Series. Set in modern-day Paris, France, Tyler and Lucy Shadder get hitched. A spur of the moment let’s try this together quick marriage ceremony. They go on a journey of figuring out if getting married really was the best solution to both of their problems. Tyler Shadder as the bad boy of Paris with the reputation to follow, needed a wife to patch up business relations. Not to mention he needs her to help keep his secret. Lucy needed a solution to her problem. A problem she doesn’t want to discuss with anyone, let alone her ego filled new husband. They both have pasts and secrets they’d rather forget. Marriage was the solution gifted to them both, but they’re not thrilled with each other as times goes on. Tyler will have to move past his ego and issues in order to keep Lucy around. But… will Lucy think it’s worth sticking around to find out? Or will she leave his bad boy butt behind?
Excerpt: “I had flown in from Paris for this meeting. Devan had guaranteed me that this was the one. I sigh, flopping onto the couch in the hotel room where I had met my best friend.
"She's ambitious. She has a family. She has everything she could ever want or need. She even has a church! Although, that brings me to wonder, is she really in church? Or is it for her parent's benefit? Either way, why would she want to marry me?" I ask him exasperated. He had told me he found me a wife. Oh man, did he. She's everything a man could want to have as a wife. I watch her on the other couch as she begins to stir in her drug-induced sleep. Devan shouldn't have drugged her, to begin with.
"Do you want a wife or not?" Devan questions me with a smirk on his face because he already knows my answer.
I groan loudly. I need a wife. I'm desperate, but I didn't think I was desperate enough to have my drug dealing friend kidnap and drug a woman he met at a coffee shop. Although I honestly doubt how much of a drug dealer he really is, he helps too many people, he’s too nice… he’s probably using it as a cover identity. He’s not doing a good job at it though. I shake my head.
Devan had told me all about her over text message as I was on the way here. She’s amazing. She’s worked with kids. She has a spotless record. She helps around in the community. She takes care of her parents and is working on her business degree. Devan already dropped her from the college before he called me. He has friends who are hackers, so he had them do that. I don’t understand hacking.  He wanted to give me the time to convince her to stay with me before people started asking too many questions. The whole situation would cause suspicion. I wasn’t worried about people. I was worried about the media. The attention she would get in Paris for being my wife. I was worried her family would come and take her back home. I was worried I would get in too deep emotionally and then she would leave. That was the last thing I needed. I needed a forever solution. By the look on my friend’s smug face, he believes he found just that for me. I don’t understand how. I hear her moving on the couch.
"She's waking up, Devan. I'm going to leave and get something to eat. Let me know when you need me to come back," I mutter getting up and leaving the plain hotel room he had reserved this morning.
Earlier today, I was thinking that my life couldn't get any worse. Now, my life has been flipped, spun, turned backward, and dropped to the floor. I mean, if I get caught with Devan and all this I'm going to have a kidnapping on my record. I can't believe I let Devan talk me into letting him handle my personal life. I should have just went to an online dating site. I'm such an idiot. I pinch the bridge of my nose and drive to the city.”

Words from the author: Hello readers! Honestly, I’ve always found book summaries or synopsis’ hard to do. How do you put into words all the passion you poured into the book you wrote? That’s something I’m still struggling to learn. I hope to hear from you about your thoughts on this and what you hope for in the books to come!
I enjoyed writing about Tyler and Lucy as they grew and became the people they ended up being by the end of the book. By no means was their story perfect or predictable, even for me. All throughout the book, Tyler struggles as being a man who always got what he wanted. Lucy wasn’t just going to go with the flow as he wants. At the end of the story whether or not they stayed together I won’t say, you’ll have to read it to find out, but they both will be back in future books for this series.
As a self-published author, I’ve just begun my journey in trying to reach readers and connect with them. It’s not an easy process, as I’m learning, to market and get my book out to the world. I’ve tried publishing before and wasn’t thrilled with how my book turned out so I’m excited to see how this book goes. I’m happy with how I’ve grown personally as I’ve finished this book and started the next.
Informally, I’m from a small town and recently moved to another small town. Nothing much happens except for my own writing and the worlds within. I’m an avid coffee drinker, working part-time while being a full-time college student. When I’m not writing or working, I’m socializing with friends and family. I’m excited to see where this year, 2019, will take me.
Thank you to the gracious host of this site for letting me stop by! I hope to be back soon with a character interview.
~ Danielle Yosere

No comments:

Popular Posts