I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Interview with Samantha Rose

Welcome to Jagged Edge Reviews! Thanks for joining us today. Now we thought we would start you off with some easier questions. ☺ 

When you walk into a book store, where is the first place you go?
I make a beeline for the most interesting cover! I know you should ‘never judge a book by its cover’, but the cover has a very important part to play when it comes to attracting readers.

What are you currently reading?
I’m reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (finally!)

Who are your favorite authors?
I love Jodi Picoult, Gillian Flynn, Hans Christian Andersen, Kate Atkinson, Ira Levin. The list goes on and on...

When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
I LOVE learning (sounds cheesy, I know!) so I like watching documentaries, listening to podcasts, and reading.

Tell us about your latest book.
My latest book is called She Bakes the Cakes. It’s a psychological thriller in a domestic setting. Think Desperate Housewives meets The Stepford Wives.


Here’s the blurb:
The idyllic village of Tigford is home to Jill Thornby and her close-knit, loving family. But even the happiest families have secrets...
Jessica Knight is thrilled to be the first member of the press invited to the mysterious, privately-owned village of Tigford in almost sixty years. But she soon realises that something isn’t quite right with Jill’s family and begins to investigate. By the end of her visit, only one thing will be safe: Jill’s secret or Jessica’s life.

Do you have another work in progress? Tell us about it.
I have so many! I’m really into short stories at the minute. I recently published one called World War IV and I am currently working on a few more.  

What advice do you have for other writers?
If you think you’re bad...then that’s good. It means you’re a critical reader, and a critical reader makes a great writer.

What keeps you motivated while writing?
The fact that if I finish what I’m working on I can move on to my next idea haha
Did you learn anything from writing your book that was unexpected?
I did, BUT...I can’t tell you unless you’ve read the book. Spoilers ;) 

Who inspires you?
Everyone. Everything. Inspiration can come from even the most mundane places, situations, or thoughts.

How do you research your books?
Google, YouTube, conversations with people. I also think it is important to read a lot of books similar to the one you are writing. 

What are your thoughts on self-publishing verses traditional publishing?
Both are equally fine.

What is one of your favorite quotes?
I like ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’. I know it is kind of ubiquitous and that can reduce its impactfulness, but if you really focus on the core message it can get you through pretty much anything.

What do you like to snack on while you write?
Coffee!

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people think self-published authors are just writers who aren’t good enough to go down the traditional route.

If you could jump into a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
I’m going to be super generic and pick the Harry Potter series.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
A chiropractor? Or a stand-up desk!

What is your favorite part of the writing process?
The first part...when plot holes don’t matter.

Least favorite part of the writing process?
The last part (editing)...when plot holes bite you in the bum.

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
Instagram, for now (@SamanthaRoseAuthor). I’m also launching my website soon :)

No comments:

Popular Posts