I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Review: Protect Me by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman

Title: Protect Me
Author: J.L. Beck & C. Hallman
Series: Broken Heros - Book Two 
Publication Date: March 1, 2019
Stars: 3.5

Summary: She needed protection from my family… 
I needed protection from her heart…

She was my ex-best friends little sister. Shy, gorgeous as hell and did I mention completely off limits. 


Well that is until she lands on my doorstep begging me for protection from my brother. She has no idea the kind of world she’s walked into, or that I’m no better of a man then the one searching for her. 


But when she offers me her v-card the last thing she has in exchange for protection I cant deny such a tempting offer. 


She’s everything I want, and nothing I can have. 


When my brother finds out she’s under my protection, that I've been hiding her under his nose this whole time he gives me an ultimatum…


Marry her, or kill her…and since there’s no way in hell I’m going to let him kill her I decide to make her mine..forever.


Review: I like that there are two perspectives. From Kiera's perspective she seems occasionally delusional. Damon's show's Kiera as a very head strong woman. Both versions she is an absolute klutz and for both he's a total ass but he knows it. The unrealistic parts for me were that they basically fell in love shortly after meeting and hating each other. Another would be that she found her brother dead and couldn't function but then she watched someone else get murdered and was perfectly okay (more than once). But once you past that initial first part this book just sweeps you off your feet. Straight into a shady deep underworld of wondering whose going to kill who. With a serious twist or two to boot. The books are stated that they can be read as stand-alones I highly suggest reading them in order. I didn't read the first book and they made references to the first book that had me completely lost. I do really want to see what happens in the next book. I was very sad to see this one end. I loved their quirky, unexpected romance. They make a fantastic couple and with a strong future. I can't wait to see the finished product with all the edits completed as I had an ARC. This was my first time reading either a book by either author. I'm looking forward to other works by them. 

No comments:

Popular Posts