I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, February 11, 2019

Review: The Reverse Play by Julia Clarke


Title: The Reverse Play
Author: Julia Clark
Series: The Rebels
Publication date: January 29, 2019
Stars: 4.5

Summary: Football is my life, and coaching in the NFL is my dream. I have a doctorate in sports psychology, but the fact that I’m a woman means I couldn’t possibly know a thing about football, let alone coaching a team. At least, that’s what my critics say. Others argue a woman on the sidelines would be a distraction.
Distraction. Pfft. I’m a professional, and I certainly don’t fall for players.
When I land my dream job coaching the Boston Rebels, I realize just how difficult it will be to maintain a hands-off approach to the team. Everything about them, from their broad shoulders and thick biceps to their chiseled abs and narrow waists, makes it so I’m the one who’s having trouble staying focused.
As if that weren’t bad enough, I’m attracted to not one, but three, players. Three offensive players who keep breaking through my defenses.
I’m their coach, but absolutely nothing in my playbook prepared me for this. My head seems to understand they’re completely off-limits, but my heart is pulling a reverse play.

Review: I absolutely loved this book, I had a hard time putting it down. I stayed up late to read it. I honestly didn't expect the cliffhanger at the end and I cannot wait to see more from each character. Blake is one very determined lady. I would love to see a lot more leads like her. She knows what her dreams are and she will let absolutely nothing stop her from achieving them! She is so independent and tries to not let anyone see when she's hurting until these three hunky football players walk into her life. Her best friend Bastian has the ultimate drunk voice of reason and is fantastic at tell her what she already knows but won't admit to herself. I really hope to see more of him in the second book as well as her dad, Big Mac. Xavier, Colt and Tristan each have something she's needs in her life and something she's been looking for all along. It's no wonder she's fallen for them. I thought perhaps she may choose one. Even though the book ended in a cliffhanger I absolutely loved the ending and the book as a whole and I can't wait to see what comes next for the whole gang.

No comments:

Popular Posts