I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, August 9, 2021

Review: Inside Job by Monica Rush


Title: Inside Job 

Author: Monica Rush

Publication date: April 2nd, 2019

Series: The Mafia #1


Summary: It’s always hotter… 


Leaving my sweet, innocent Betty five years ago nearly broke me, but as the boss’s top enforcer, my first duty is to protect the family at any cost. Even if that cost meant never seeing my little honeybee again. Never to taste her kiss, never to see her smile. My sacrifice would have been worth it if it’d guaranteed her safety. 


Only, it didn’t. 


Now I’m back to track down the threats closing in on the only woman I’ve ever allowed myself to love. Betty knows me better than anyone, and I’ll never rest until she’s safe—and back in my arms, forever. 


On the inside. 


I’ll protect her with my life, because she is my life. 


Review: This story is a novella, it only has 82 pages so if you want a quick introduction to the series it shouldn't take too long to read. I have no issues with age gaps, but I draw a very big line at age gaps with minors. Honestly if the kid was like a year older maybe I wouldn't have such a problem but even then I wouldn't be able to date my current boyfriend when I was 18. I'm glad we met later in life, almost 10 years later. Thankfully the only part involving the minor is the 5 years earlier part but it's still weird for me. The warning on the book isn't an actual warning. There should be an actual warning for the age gap and grooming that happened. I really like the story itself and wish it was a full length novel because Hawk is an absolute badass and Betty is an absolute dreamer. 

No comments:

Popular Posts