I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Review: Sweet, Sexy Heart by Melissa Foster

 

Title: Sweet, Sexy Heart

Author: Melissa Foster 

Publication date: August 4th, 2021


Summary: Discover the magic of New York Times bestseller Melissa Foster's writing and see why millions of readers have fallen in love with the fiercely loyal and sassily sexy characters in the Love in Bloom big-family romance collection. All Love in Bloom books can be enjoyed as stand-alone novels or as part of the larger series.


In SWEET, SEXY HEART...

Amber Montgomery is perfectly happy with her quiet life. She loves running her bookstore, taking long walks with Reno, her Labrador retriever seizure-response dog, and spending time with her close-knit family. She’s never needed thrills the way some of her sisters have. In an effort to control her epilepsy, she tries to avoid anything that creates too much excitement or stress—including relationships. When Amber hosts a book signing for famed-athlete-turned-author Dash Pennington, he’s everything she’s spent her life avoiding: loud, aggressive, and far too handsome, as proven by the hordes of women who surround him everywhere he goes. Amber can’t ignore the sparks flying between her and Dash, but this is a no-brainer for her: Ignore their chemistry and hold her breath until he leaves town.


Dash Pennington has spent his life running. Running the ball in for a touchdown, running from town to town to appease his public relations reps, and for years, running into the arms of too many women to count. He’s also an expert at protecting—his reputation, his family, and lately, his sanity. But he’s ready to make a change. When he comes to the sleepy little town of Oak Falls, Virginia, and witnesses the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen living the life he craves, she refuses to have anything to do with him. But now that Dash has found the one thing he doesn’t want to run from, he’ll stop at nothing to win her over.


**


Within the Love in Bloom big-family romance collection, characters from each sub-series appear in future books.


Snow Sisters

The Bradens at Weston

The Bradens at Trusty

The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor

The Bradens & The Montgomerys

The Remingtons

Seaside Summers

Bayside Summers

Steeles at Silver Harbor

Wild Billionaires After Dark

Bad Billionaires After Dark

Harborside Nights

Tru Blue and The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor

The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside

Sugar Lake

Harmony Pointe

Silver Harbor


Review: I really wanted to like this book especially since it is an interconnected standalone with a bookstore owner lead. I love me a mix of Nerdy and Sporty, it's always the perfect combination. For some reason this book just started off slow for me. I didn't understand her hesitation to be with him. She blamed it on her Epilepsy, as a person with stress induced seizures I just didn't understand. When I was having mine I was still living my life almost totally normal, dating, going to fairs, watching movies with my cats as a way to calm down. She was trying to shelter herself from a normal life, it was hard to understand and I'm a person who hasn't really left the house in over a year or driven much but here I am getting ready to push a baby out in a few months. What got me to continue to read this book? One word, Dash. He had such great chemistry with literally everyone he spoke to. He had a crazy air of honesty about him and he knew the minute he met her there was just something different about her from all other women and pursued her. He is ridiculously attentive and determined. Honestly there wasn't anything I didn't like about him. Once I got past the small thing that made me not enjoy the book it seemed like she did too. Honestly I think I had an issue reading the book because I had read a poorly constructed book before this one. I took a break read like 5 other books came back and my over analytic mind had calmed down. This book is absolutely so sweet I don't understand how I was ever mad at it. It makes you believe in Fairytales and true love. That's how absolutely beautiful and sweet this book was. Dash is still my favorite character in the whole book but I think if I read any of the other characters in the series I would adore them just as much. Reno also obviously won over a big part of my heart first. I cannot wait to read more by Melissa Foster.

No comments:

Popular Posts