I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Review: Rory in a Kilt by Anna Durand

Title: Rory in a Kilt 
Author: Anna Durand 
Publication date: August 31st, 2021

Summary: Rory MacTaggart—uptight lawyer by day, steamy seducer by night.

One night in New Orleans changed my life. But is it for better or worse? The instant I see Emery Granger, I need to possess her. A one-night stand should've been the end of it. Except I can't quite let her go yet.

A marriage of convenience is the best I can offer.

For reasons I can't fathom, Emery agrees to marry me for money, knowing it will last only one year. She is the opposite of every woman I've ever known, and the opposite of me—cheerful, free-spirited, and compassionate. Maybe that's why I need to have her, though I will never love her.

All I know for certain is that living by my rules might destroy us both.

Rory in a Kilt is the third and final book in The Ballachulish Trilogy, a brand-new series based on the first three books in the bestselling Hot Scots series, reborn and retold from the heroes' perspectives.

Review: I was so excited to be able to read this book especially after Aidan in a Kilt. I had a bit of a hard time starring it. Mostly because I think I had read some not so good books so, I took a little break and came back to this one. I absolutely love Emery, she is just as much of a firecracker as her name may suggest. I adore opposites attack books. Mostly because it reminds me of my man and I. I had a small issue with Rory being such a stick in the mud but honestly this book is so good I got over it! I do believe this was my first marriage of convenience book and I have to say it was absolutely worth it! And the accents always hit me in the right spot. I can think of a few people I'd love to do the narration for these books. Unfortunately, they aren't Scottish so it won't happen. Haha. I am very excited to be able to read Spellbound when it comes out! 

No comments:

Popular Posts