I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Softly & Tenderly


Author: Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck
Series: Song Bird
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 01/04/2011
How Received: ARC
Rating: 5

Summary:
Maybe out there in the country she could catch her breath, learn to breathe again… Happily married, and owner of two successful boutiques, Jade longs to begin a family with her husband, Max. But when she discovers that Max has an illegitimate son - who he wants her to help raise - Jade's life is turned upside down. She flees to her childhood home, a rambling Iowa farmhouse, with enough room to breathe. There - while her mother's health grows fragile, and the tug of her first love grows stronger - Jade begins to question everything she thought she knew about family, love, and motherhood. In the wide-open landscape, Jade begins to see a future that doesn't rest on the power of her past, but in the goodness of God's tender mercies
.

Review:
Sorry it may be a bit choppy sent to my email in chunks from my phone. It's very Un-professional and I am sorry. By the time I got to page 7 I hated who and what the Benson family stood for. Which made my connection with Jade stronger. I didn't like that the mother in-law's name was so close to Jade's. I mean Jade and June kind of hard for me to tell them apart until I really got to know their personalities. One thing about softly and tenderly. I think there should be a book about jade from when shes younger from first person perspective. When it got to the important part about rice and max. I just wanted to cry for jade. My eyes were just stinging for her. The names in this book are just so odd like nothing I've ever heard of. And the men are so stupid about almost everything. But the road trip and the Car sound like a dream. Well the pink caddy may not be my dream but its someones! I absolutely loved this book. It had such beautiful.....everything even the pain was beautiful. I believe I have a new favorite book. Definitely one I recommend. I kind of wish it was a bit more spread out or at least had a second book after. Its one of those books of when you get into it its difficult to put down. This book will change your life forever. It ended with a cliffhanger so maybe there is another book!! Normally when a signer or actor turns to writing I always believe it wont be good. But Sara Evans does it! Of course with the help of Rachel Hauck.

Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts