I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE WATER WARS

Author: Cameron Stracher
Series: ---
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: January 1, 2011

How Received: Own
Rate: 4



Summary:
Welcome to a future where water is more precious than gold or oil-and worth killing for. Vera and her brother Will live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations. Timely and eerily familiar, acclaimed author Cameron Stracher makes a stunning YA debut that's impossible to forget.


Review: The beginning is boring. Also I don't get what is in the water making it bad. Or why there is a shortage. This book defiantly makes you think about what you use and what you waste. Be thankful for what you have. I don't remember the girl introducing herself but I love her strength. Its both inner and outer. And I admire her for that. The pirates are more awesome then the government. But I guess they always are! The pirates were cool but PELA is stupid. I have a strong dislike against them. The cover is so intense with just a quick look at it its cool but it you look at it more closely its amazing I mean look in the eye n tell me what u see. I see a girl in a white dress and  I think a river. The other i think is a river too. I'm kind of stuck with this book. Its good just not my kind of book. I love the ending. And what you learn about kai is crazy. I actually liked this book a lot!


Kati

2 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't think this one looked great.

25kati said...

You'd be surprised. Actually. It of course depends on the type of books you like.

Popular Posts