I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beautiful Darkness


Author: Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
Series: The Caster Chronicles
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 26, 2010
How Received: Borrowed
Rating: 4

Summary:
Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen. Sometimes life-ending. Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems..


Review:
I absolutely hate when a book has whining but I hate it more when most of the book is all whining. Grr I would have loved this book if it didn't have that. The only reason it is 4 Stars is because I loved the ending and I loved the first book. I was so sad but I had to skip a lot of chapters just to be able to read this book. When I wrote the review and all I did was whine about how it whined so this review will be cut very short. When I got to the end it was like Bam where did this amazing story come from? lol The twists and turns in the story was beautiful. I just loved how it just jumps out and bites you almost literary. But then the end end leaves you wanting ... no needing to read the next one...which sadly has not come out yet.

Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts