I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Captivate


Author: Carrie Jones
Series: Need
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Publication Date: Jan-2010
How Received: Borrowed
Rating: 5

Summary:
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good.
..Far from it.
The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker.
It's made him vulnerable.
And now there's a new king in town.
A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly.
Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue.
Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys.
Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.


Review: You will have to excuse my sloppiness on this because I wrote half on my notes on my phone and the other half in a notebook. xD
Some books in series like the second book and so on are pretty lame because you always know where the story will end.. But not with Captivate. They keep you hanging in suspense and so many twists and turns you feel like your on a roller coaster. In Need they give you a bizarre story line and work up from there then in Captivate they give you exactly what you are not looking for and catches you off guard. Which makes it all the better. After reading Beautiful Creatures then Need then Beautiful Darkness then Captivate its difficult not to have a crazy dream. Thats exactly what happened when I was in the middle of captivate. Now that dream was totally book worthy...If only I could remember it all, if any of it now. xD Books are difficult to read during school but it was worth the fight! And it's a quick read I finished it in less then a day! Although I am a speedy reader and the only life I have is in these books. It makes it all worth while. After you read Need I suggest you read Captivate.

Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts