I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Interview with Author of The Last Blind Date


Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
You just read my memoir. You should be totally bored with me by now.

What inspired you to write?
I was a total failure in gym class – so athletics was out. Cheerleader wasn’t even an option. Science wasn’t my forte…I spent an entire summer in remedial high school chem class walking around with brown silver nitrate stains on my hands. (Klutzy. Very klutzy. Not a good thing around a beaker.) Can’t dance. Was too tall for all the boys in school to even be asked to dance. Almost flunked home ec when I couldn’t sew a buttonhole. That left writing. I started writing about all the things I couldn’t do.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
John O’Hara. Herman Wouk. Evan Hunter before he started calling himself Ed McBain.

What is your favorite Quote? Why is it your favorite?
No toxic people.” Not sure it’s really a quote, though. Might just be a philosophy.

If you could jump into a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
The Red Tent.To check out all those biblical ladies. For about a half hour or so. Then I’d jump back here and order a pizza.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
Interesting relatives.

What lead you to writing in this genre?
Wow – what is my genre? Contemporary? Women’s? There aren’t any murderers or military spies in my books. No vampires. At least none who’ve owned up to it. No self-helping gurus or unicorns. So I guess I was led to my genre because I’m a contemporary woman. Oh, that sounds soooooo lame.

What is your favorite part of the writing process?
When it just flows on outta me and I feel like somebody else in my head is doing all the work and I’m just writing it down for them.

Least favorite part of the writing process?
When that somebody else doesn’t show up.



What are you currently working on?
My Jagged Edge questionnaire! Then I’m going to brush my teeth and go to bed.


Where readers can find you?
http://www.LindaYellin.com
https://www.facebook.com/LindaYellin
Linda Yellin memoir: The Last Blind Date
@lindayellin
(all of which should be more than enough Linda Yellin for anyone)


LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
Linda, can I offer you five free weeks in a villa in Tuscany?”

No comments:

Popular Posts