I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Review: Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Title: Hourglass
Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Hourglass (#1)
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
How Received: Borrowed
Rate: 5




Summary (as quoted from Amazon): For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?



Review:
If I'm being honest about this book, which I normally am with all books. It had its parts where I adored it and laughed my behind off but then there were parts where I just wanted to throw the book into the oncoming thunder storm. Thankfully I did because it was a library book. Anyways it took till almost over half way through to have even a glimpse at a possible love for it. Not sure if it is because I held such high expectations for it or if it was really that rocky. The written style was pretty decent. I coyld feel em's lust, anger and, frustrations through out the book. I took me a while to love this book but I do! So that counts for something right? Definatly a great amount of twists and turns when you get closer to the end of the book. Very shocking but I loved it. Can't wait for Timepiece. -Kati

No comments:

Popular Posts