I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Gift



Author: James Patterson
Series: Witch and Wizard
Publisher: Hachette Book Group
Publication Date: December 2010
How Received: Borrowed
Rating: 3 Stars

Summary: After escaping imprisonment by the totalitarian regime known as the new order, siblings Wisty and Whit Allgood, who possess magical powers, establish themselves as leaders of the resistance, a hidden community like themselves, hunted by the state and determined to defy its ban on the arts, magic, and all other forms of creativity.


In my honest opinion of this book I don't like that James Patterson changed the author he was working with on this series. When he worked with Gabrielle Charbonnet on the witch and wizard the book was amazing! I flew threw the book quickly because I just couldn't put it down! But now James Patterson worked with Ned Rust on The Gift Ned Rust also worked with James Patterson on Danile X: Watch the skies There was a huge change in writing not only did the stories not line up but they put in a 3rd point of view. It was better when they didn't include the one who is the one's opinion. That reminds me The one who is the one is a long and annoying name. I guess that adds a few pound of hatred to that man though because it really does work. The book in the beginning was slow and made little sense. I really hope for the rest of the series James Patterson considers working with Gabrielle Charbonnet again because they make a great team. The rest of the book was pretty good. Very fast paced, it had a lot going on. wisty and whit had little down time. The beginning and end were very depressing, yet inspiring. I cant't wait for the next book to see how they improve. I think I may have expected to much from the book which made it not match my exception. Wondering what the next book has in store.

No comments:

Popular Posts