I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Shine


Author: Lauren Myracle
Series: ---
Publisher: Abrams Books
Publication Date: 05/01/2011
How Received: Publisher
Rating: 3 Stars

Summary: When her best guy friend falls victim to a vicious hate crime, sixteen-year-old Cat sets out to discover who in her small town did it. Richly atmospheric, this daring mystery mines the secrets of a tightly knit Southern community and examines the strength of will it takes to goagainst everyone you know in the name of justice.

Review:
I did not like this book what so ever. It's all about the main character turning her back on her friend who was gay and then He gets hurt and she goes back and remembers all the memories and wonders why she ever let him go and why she didn't stop him from hanging out with her brother and his friends who always picked on Patrick (the gay guy). The news paper articles in the beginning were strong but then after like two chapters I just couldn't continue reading. I'm sorry I love this author but I think she was out of her element or should have written in a different point of view. I will never rate a book lower 2 stars. I think I may have expected something different from her. I'm sorry Lauren I really wanted to like it but I couldn't.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Kati! Just stopping by to say hi. Just started following you =]

That's What Liz Read

Myranda said...

Hi there... Just wanted to stop by and give you this: Stylish Blogger Award

XOXO
Mandi

Popular Posts