I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Anasazi

Author: Emma Michaels
Series: A Sense of Truth
Publisher: Bokheim Publishing
Publication Date: August 5, 2011
How Received: For Review
Rate: 5


Summary: (as quoted from Bokheim Publishing) 

One year ago, something happened to David. Following the only clue he had he headed out into the desert. Now he has asked me to come see him. But when I arrived, he was gone. The people in town claim they have never heard of him and everyone wants me to leave. 
But I know he was here and he is in trouble.
He can't survive out there for long. 
Can he? 
David. I will find you.
My thoughts:
Anasazi was an amazing read. Every moment of the book to my breath away. As soon as the protagonist, Megan, arrives in the desert to spend a week with her friend David, she finds that he is not there. On her action packed journey to finding out where he is, she meets Lucas, a young Hopi boy who is determined to help her find David.  As she tries to piece together why David is missing and where he could be, Meghan discovers that that he has found out ancient history about the Hopi and Navajo people, as well as the "Anasazi" (meaning ancient enemy), that is vey valuable, and someone wants to misuse the information. I loved how the book was mostly told from Megan's point of view- it really added to the mystery surrounding David's disappearance. Lucas was a very sweet and strong character, and he was also very funny. With an amazing plot, snarky characters, and fast paced setting, Anasazi is a great read for both fans of the series, and those who are new to it; You don't want to miss out on this one.
5/5
~Moujnir

No comments:

Popular Posts