I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Interview with Carolyn Macullough

Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Okay-I write young adult novels. My favorite flavor of ice cream at the moment is coconut almond joy. I think these are the two most crucial things about me!

What inspired you to write? My mom, first and foremost. She was the one who encouraged me consistently and planted the idea in my head that I could be a writer.

What authors influenced you as a writer? Oh, so many! Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, Angela Carter, Lloyd Alexander--I love them all for different aspects of writing.

Your favorite character? Is it your character or a different authors? I do so love Hari from Robin McKinley's A Blue Sword and Rose from Patricia McKillip's A Winter Rose.

What is your favorite Quote? Why is it your favorite? "Inspiration far more often comes during the work than before it"--Madeline L'Engle. I find that so comforting when I'm stuck or just too scared to sit down and write.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be? Harry Potter's world for sure! Only I don't want to be a Muggle!

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do? Read. Read, read, read everything you can.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors? I don't feel that my books measure up to my favorite authors' books--but that just means I have a goal to shoot for!

What lead you to writing in this genre? I love reading this genre.
Where readers can find you? www.onceawitch.com. Send me an email--I love hearing from readers.

LAST QUESTION:
Was their a question you wish I would have asked but didn't? Hmmm…maybe if you had asked me "Where would you like me to deposit the million dollars that I'm giving you totally tax free?"

1 comment:

Denise Z said...

I have never heard of coconut almond joy ice cream ! OH my :) Thank you for sharing this lovely interview today.

Popular Posts