I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Interview with Megan Ducan


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
- I am a lover of all things paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and anything just out of the ordinary. I am continually fighting my addiction to chocolate and living in my overactive imagination.

What inspired you to write?
- I have always wanted to be a writer, but I believe it was my love of reading at a young age that made me fall in love with it and truly inspired me.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
- The most influential author would have to be Anne McCaffrey. Her stories are so fantastical and simply amazing, with worlds so incredibly imaginative.

Your favorite character?
- I think my favorite character is Acorna in her Unicorn Girl series.

What is your favorite Quote?
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts"

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
- I think I would jump into the wizarding world Harry Potter! I just think it would be so awesome to live in a world with witches and wizards!

What is the one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
- I think every writer needs to have an inspiration and a strong support system, especially if you are deciding to be a self-published author. It is not an easy road, but it is definitely rewarding and exciting.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors?
- I would say that my books are definitely different from the books I read, but share a uniqueness. I like to read books that are a little “outside the box” than what is currently popular.

What lead you to writing in this genre?
- I decided to write in this genre because is the genre I like to read and it just felt natural. I also feel like it is really fun and gives me the opportunity to be more creative than I would in other genres.

Where readers can find you?
I can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads and at my blog. The links are below.

LAST QUESTION:
Was their a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
Hmm... that’s actually a good question. :o)

No comments:

Popular Posts