I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, May 27, 2011

For Fun Friday/Flash Fiction Challenge

This month, one of my favorite bloggers , WovenStrands, is hosting a May Flash Fiction Challenge.
Flash Fiction is a short story, usually less than five hundred words. So to work on my storytelling skills, I decided to participate. The following story is the result. Also if you'd like to know more about the challenge, go here:
 

May Flash Fiction Challenge

Today was a Fairytale
 
A mysterious box was sitting on the doorstep. Well, sorta mysterious. I never get boxes in the mail. And this was the box I'd been dreaming about for years. It was a Tiffany's box, except the box was black instead of blue. I'd always told my boyfriend " When you want to marry me, make sure you get me a Tiffany necklace with the key to your heart. And make sure the box is black with a red ribbon- you know I'm a goth type of girl!!!!!". He was the only one who knew about my dream box... But he was my ex now. It couldn't be him. I'd come back from college to see him hooking up with my worst enemy from high school. Angry tears stung my eyes. Couldn't he just apologize? Just come back and tell me he didn't mean it. Or better yet, that he wasn't the one who started the kiss fest. But whatever- that wasn't going to happen. 'Cause this was reality, and my fairytale wouldn't be coming true.
 
        I slammed the door on the box. I was just thinking what a jerk... when the doorbell rang. Great timing I thought. Who could be bothering me now? I opened the door... And gasped. He was standing before me, my dream necklace dangling from his right hand, my black box in his other one. "What you saw the other night, Suna, she kissed me and..." his voice trailed off. Then he looked into my eyes and said "I love you, Suna Mokayoshi. Please forgive me. M-". He never got to finish his sentence, because at that moment I jumped into his arms and kissed him. "I love you too, Adam" I whispered "and I forgive you". And just when I thought things couldn't be more perfect , he asked me to marry him. "YES!!!!!!!" I shouted. Fairytales can come true, after all.

~Moujnir

No comments:

Popular Posts