I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Zombies v. Unicorns


Author: Black vs. Larbalestier
Series:---
Publisher: McElderry Books
Publication Date: September 21, 2010How Recieved: Purchased
Rate:5
 
Summary:  Justine Larbalestier says that Zombies are our own walking deaths. Funny ,grim, and terrifying they cannot be escaped. Unicorns are sparkly and pastel and fart rainbows. 
Holly Black says that Unicorns are healers, arbiters of justice, and, occasionally, majestic man- killers. Zombies drool and shed and probably carry diseases.
Some of today's finest writers have chosen their side, creating dazzling stories about both creatures. So read on, and decide for yourself: Are you Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
 
My Thoughts: 
Zombies vs. Unicorns is one of the best anthologies I've read in awhile. Both teams have some of the best writers in young adult fiction. Team Unicorn, led by Holly Black, consists of Kathleen Duey, Meg Cabot, Garth Nix, Naomi Novik, Margo Lanagan, and Diana Peterfreund. Team Zombie, led by Justine Larbalestier,consists of Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Maureen Johnson, Scott Westerfeld, and Carrie Ryan. After reading this book, I have found that my Unicorn faith has been tested greatly, and I can honestly say that I don't know which team to choose!!! The great thing about anthologies is that there are stories for every mood, ranging from gory and bloody to romantic and funny. This is a must have for every zombie or unicorn fan.
5/5 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for pointing this out, as you say,it's a good thing to have for zombie fans.
Mike

PS Stop over at my blog, I'm having a giveaway for a book about zombies now, "Dust"
http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

Popular Posts