I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Rhonda Print

Welcome to Jagged Edge!

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

I’ve always loved to read and have wanted to write for many years. Nightwalker came to life because I wanted to see if I could write a book, not to publish, just to do it. I was very proud when I wrote that last line.

What authors influenced you as a writer?

Wow, so many to choose from. I loved Erma Bombeck and the way she could just write like she was talking to you at your kitchen table. There are so many good authors to choose from. I love Laurell K. Hamilton’s work and Kelley Armstrong’s too.

Your favorite character?

From my own book? Leah Wolfe.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

I like my life as it is so it would be hard to give that up.

What is the one thing that every writer needs to have or do?

Patience. With yourself, the process of writing and publishing. Thick skin is helpful too. Not everyone will like what you write. Your genre won’t fit everyone else’s ideas. So write what you like, what you enjoy. Write what flows for you and never, ever stop learning.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors?

My tastes in reading varies but the genre I write is always romance in some form or another.

What lead you to writing in this genre?

There are so many possibilities in the Paranormal World and Romance just makes you feel good.

What inspires you the most when you write?

Everything!

How long does it normally take you to write a book and go through the whole process?

I spent about nine months writing Nightwalker and another 4 or 5 to get a contract.

What are you most excited about this year?

My second book, The Order of Chaos will be released this year and I’ve also just finished a novella.

What book do you wish to see come out as a movie? (of course all authors want to see their movie on the big screen but what other book would you like to see?)

Hmm, good question. I wish I had a good answer. I usually enjoy the books more than the movies so its hard for me to choose. I would, however, like to see Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series made into a tv series or movies.

Funniest question you have ever been asked?

If Print is my real last name or my pseudonym.

What happened while writing one of your books that you did not expect?

My manuscripts often take me on unscheduled adventures. In The Order of Chaos, Joaquin Wildhorse did something totally unexpected that left me scratching my head for a couple days to see where it would go from there.

Do you read the review when they are good and/or bad?

I read every review I get. The good ones have me dancing in my desk chair and the bad ones are a learning experience.

What's next in life for you?

More writing, of course!

LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?

No, I think you covered it all. But I’ll leave you with an unedited excerpt from THE ORDER OF CHAOS, releasing soon at LiquidSilverBooks.com

Thanks for having me on Jagged Edge! It’s been fun!

EXCERPT:

 He turned me around and melted me with a look that skimmed me from the top of my head to the toes of the stiletto heels that I still wore. I started to kick the shoes off but he stopped me. “Leave those on.” His voice grew deeper, sultry.
I did a little spin that would make any runway model proud. He grabbed me and tossed me onto the bed while we laughed. “Yes, definitely keep the shoes on.”
You owe me.” I reminded him.
He stripped off my jeans and flipped me onto my stomach. He began caressing my neck, my shoulders, then further south; alternating between gentle sweeps of his hands and a firmer kneading motion that sprang Goosebumps from my body. I felt the bra strap come undone before his hands slid to the flimsy piece of elastic of my panties. His fingers trailed them down my legs until he removed them completely. Then those magic fingers began caressing their way up my legs, teasing the tender skin on the back of my knees and inner thighs. I heard the Velcro of my holster tear away and felt the weight of my pistol lift off my waist. “Nightstand.” He murmured knowing that I felt more secure if I knew where my weapons were. Then his mouth blazed molten lava on my thighs and I forgot all about weapons.



No comments:

Popular Posts