I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Interview for BEA Armchair

For BEA Armchair I was asked to interview Tesni on Books and the Universe 


About her:
I'm a teenage girl from south-west England whose aspirations in life are to write novels, play classical music and read several thousand books along the way. More I cannot say, for I'm a mystery, or at least a pathetic attempt to be one.

Heres the interview:

Why be a mystery?  I spend a lot of time wondering about people I see in places like bookshops, parks and on trains; people I'll never see again. I'm one of those people who likes trying to guess things about the lives of others, and I guess I like the idea of being anonymous like that. 

Favorite book: It's a tie at the moment between Notre-Dame de Paris [The Hunchback of Notre-Dame] byVictor Hugo and This is All by Aidan Chambers.
Favorite author:  Haruki Murakami.
Favorite ______: my favourite film is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and my favourite song is Us by Regina Spektor.

How  long have you had your blog?  
Since March 2010.

How many books have you read this year?  
I'm currently reading Where She Went by Gayle Forman, which is my 47th book of the year.

How do your usually write your reviews? Do you take notes while reading, do you wait a while after reading a book to gather your thoughts on it? etc.    
I don't tend to write notes, unless I come across  a quote I love and have to write down right there and then.  But generally I don't write the review until a day or two after finishing the book, because then I've had some time to think things over that might not have occured to me if I'd written the review straight away.

If you could spend one day doing whatever you want and being wherever you want (withour money being a problem), how would your perfect day look like?  
I'd spend the day in Bath, which is one of my favourite cities in England.  I guess I'd  just wonder around the quiet streets off the main roads, then go to the Waterstones and some of the smaller shops there.  Visit the Cathedral and the area around it.  As long as I've done those things, I don't really mind what I did or where I went after that. 
 Have you always been a reader?  Yeah, it seems so.  As long as I can remember I've loved reading. 

If you had to convince a person into reading, which book would you make him/her read?  I think it depends who they were.  If they were my age, perhaps the Noughts & Crosses Sequence by Malorie Blackman or something by Kevin Brooks.  Both of them write in an entirely compelling way.  Ellen Hopkins is good too.  

No comments:

Popular Posts