I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grave Expectations

Author: Charles Dickens and Sherri Browning Erwin
Series: ---
Publisher: Gallery
Publication Date: 
August 30, 2011


How Received: For Review
Summary: Heaven knows, we need never be ashamed of our wolfish cravings. . . .
Bristly, sensitive, and meat-hungry Pip is a robust young whelp, an orphan born under a full moon. Between hunting escaped convicts alongside zombified soldiers, trying not to become one of the hunted himself, and hiding his hairy hands from the supernaturally beautiful and haughty Estella, whose devilish moods keep him chomping at the bit, Pip is sure he will die penniless or a convict like the rest of his commonly uncommon kind.
But then a mysterious benefactor sends him to London for the finest werewolf education money can buy. In the company of other furry young gentlemen, Pip tempers his violent transformations and devours the secrets of his dark world. When he discovers that his beloved Estella is a slayer of supernatural creatures, trained by the corpse-like vampire Miss Havisham, Pip’s desire for her grows stronger than his midnight hunger for rare fresh beef. But can he risk his hide for a truth that will make Estella his forever—or will she drive one last silver stake through his heart?

Review: This book may not be my cup of tea but it may be yours so be sure to check it out. 
My Thoughts: The cover is a sad example of bad editing even my mother said she wouldn't read this book based off the cover. Then theres the difference in the werewolves. They transform even as babies. That is just not what i'm use to. So for lovers of classics please make sure to check out this book.

2 comments:

Missbookaholicgirl said...

Great Expectations was one of my least favorite books I had to read. I had to read it for English in 10th grade and I dont even think I finished the book. This looks like a definite improvement! I may have to check it out. Thanks for the review!

Denise Z said...

I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the idea of the classics rewritten, but it makes me want to giggle :) Thanks for sharing today.

Popular Posts