I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Prophecy of the Sisters

Author: Michelle Zink
Series: 
Prophecy of the Sisters
Publisher: 
Little, Brown Books
Publication Date: 
August 1, 2009
How Received: Gift
Rate: 5

Summary: An ancient prophecy divides two sisters- One good... One evil... Who will prevail? Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. They just know they can't trust each other.
Review: Now you have to understand I dont like anything that has to do with History. I dont care if its not fiction or really I dont want to hear and thing about the 1800s or the time when Queen Elisabeth was around. None of it but this book which is based in 1890. Is amazing! Although the beginning was a bit slow. Its breath taking, heart renching and, it will take you on a type or roller coster you have never been on. I know many people like myself hate this genre but this is one of those books you need to pick up, you need to read and, you need to devour. This story made be smile, it made me angry and, it made me cry. You have to be a pretty touching book to make me cry. This is the book that came out of left feild. You dont expect to even like it a little bit but when you finish it you fall in love with it! I cant wait to read the next two in the trilogy!

1 comment:

Taika said...

I myself LOVE historical fiction (and history in general), so if someone who hates it gives a five-star review to this book... It must be a good one. I'm definitely giving it a go. Thanks for the review!

Popular Posts