I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Interview: Wenona Hulsey


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
Thanks for letting me visit you today! I'm Wenona Hulsey, author of the Nicole Keenan series and admitted social networking addict, I've actually check my Facebook page twice while answering this question lol.

What inspired you to write?
I've always been an avid reader so writing just seemed like a natural step for me. Now I not only read every day but I also make time to write.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
Author H.P Mallory is who I give a lot of credit for my influence. Not only do I love her works but she also invited me to join her writers group where I received guidance from her along with many other authors who were newly published. It was actually one of the best moves I made as a new writer.

What is your favorite quote?
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!”
William Shakespeare
This one cracks me up every time I read it. You can't help but love the classics.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
I think I would have to say a classic like Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. No matter how many times I pick up that story or watch one of the many movies that have been made about it I always find myself mesmerized by the world he created. I even remember as a child having some of the most vivid and magical dreams of roaming around Wonderland.

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
Every writer needs like-minded people in his/her life to give you that little push you will need from time to time. Join a writers group or find a writer friend that you can bang ideas off of when you hit a wall. It will make being a writer so much easier.

Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors?
I'd say I'm influenced by my favorites but my book are unique and always my own. I don't think anyone can match the way I see a story play out in my head or the twist I like to throw in at the most unexpected moments.

What led you to writing in this genre?
I love paranormal romances. Shape shifters make me weak in the knees and sexy dark vampire and muscled up warriors make me swoon so it I couldn't wait to try my hand at writing those kinds of characters into my own story. Though I wouldn't say my books are just romance. I love action and suspense along with a dose of humor so my book tend to be labeled as "Wonderfully Freakish Hybrid" when some try's to label my genre. I kind of like that title…Maybe I should have bumper stickers made "Wonderfully Freakish Hybrid Writer"

What is your favorite part of the writing process?
My favorite part of the writing process has got to be when I read back over a scene I've written and get chill bumps. I love that feeling more than anything because I know that my readers are going to get the ride of their life as they read my book and that's what I want to give them.

Least favorite part of the writing process?
Uggghhh!! Editing!! Why can't writers be gifted with magical fingers that never make a typo? Editing takes so much time and effort but it's a necessary evil to make the book the best it can be.

What are you currently working on?
My current project is finishing the last book in the Nicole Keenan series, Blood of Fire. I'm shooting to have this one out in the spring of 2012 and I'm really excited how the story is evolving. Fans of the series will get to meet several new characters, some you will love some you will love to hate, but all play a big role in Nicole's journey.

Where can readers find you?
The easier question is where can't they find me…the grocery store according to my kids (I despise grocery shopping) lol.


Fans can even join my email list for the latest on all my books, contest and much more! http://wenonahulsey.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html

LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
How about, "What music motivates you as you write the Nicole Keenan Series?

I have a pretty massive "Writing" playlist but the top five would be:

Adele, Set fire to the rain
Paramore: Pressure
Muse: Time is Running Out
Evanesence: Sweet Sacrifice
The Pierces: Three Wishes

Thanks for letting me stop in and spend the day on your blog. Happy reading!!

No comments:

Popular Posts