I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Interview with Shelly Crane


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
 I'm the YA author of three series, Significance, Devour and Collide. I'm a mom and we move around with my husbands job.
What inspired you to write?
 Honestly, I was bored with the books I was finding. I didn't have a Kindle at the time and had read everything in the YA section at Borders. But nothing was just awesome, so I decided to start writing on an idea I had as pure fun and nothing else.
What authors influenced you as a writer?
 I love Richelle Mead & Cassandra Clare, but who doesn't. I love M. Leighton, Tiffany King, Fisher Amelie and many other indie authors.
What is your favorite quote?
 “I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I'll never love you any less than I do, right this second.”  -Beautiful Creatures
If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
 Oh boy....I'd have to say Wings by Aprilynne Pike. I loved the first & second book so much. It's not a dangerous, crazy place and I want Tamani to show me around Avalon ;)
What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
 An EDITOR!! ;) 
Are your books different than your personal favorite books by other authors?
 Some of them are, which doesn't really make any sense. Collide is a dystopian and I don't even like to read those kinds of books at all! When I stared writing, I wrote the things that I wanted to read about but couldn't find in the bookstore. So, though I'm not saying mien are better, I guess that's why they're different. 
What led you to writing in this genre?
 It was what I read. It has all the guidelines and boundaries that I enjoy when I read.
What is your favorite part of the writing process?
 Thinking up new book\series ideas. Love it! I have about 10 new book ideas just bouncing around right now.
Least favorite part of the writing process?
 Waiting for feedback.
What are you currently working on?
 The third Significance book, Defiance. Hoping for an early release.
Where readers can find you?

LAST QUESTION:
Was there a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
 "What's something completely random about you?"
Well, I love olives, Twitter, and filling my bookshelves with paperbacks.

No comments:

Popular Posts