I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Interview with Wanita May


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
Sure ! I live in a little lake effect town, with a wonderful hubby, three kids and dog … in Canada I write because I love stories – in any shape or form

What inspired you to write? I always loved to write but it wasn’t until my father passed away that I realized I should be chasing my dream, not waiting for it to happen.

What is your favorite Quote?
"The heights of men,
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upwards in the night."  (author unknown)
Why is it your favorite? It sums up how to get where you want to be in life … nothing is easy, but everything is attainable

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be? Narnia, or Harry Potter, Twilight, any Marvel Comic Book, I am Number Seven, Vampire Diaries (especially with the tv series out now, lol), any book that I am reading I would love to jump into!!

What is at least one thing that every writer needs to have or do? The ability to take criticism – both negative and positive. And WRITE, WRITE, WRITE…

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors? Very similar

What lead you to writing in this genre? I love reading and pretending to be in YA, and Fantasy – to great combinations

What is your favorite part of the writing process? Weaving a story into its tale. Creating something in the beginning that turns into such a lovely, complex plot with awesome characters… and then doing edits that add so much more to the story. I really enjoy it all.

Least favorite part of the writing process? Waiting… waiting for edits from your agent, from the publishing editor, waiting for the book to be published, waiting for people to say if they like or dislike your story, waiting … waiting … waiting

What are you currently working on? The third book in the Chronicles Kerrigan series and two other WIP

Where readers can find you?
Twitter: @wanitajump

No comments:

Popular Posts