I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda


Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Received: For Review
Rate: 5

Summary: Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it? Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

Review: From the very first word the book sucks you in and dares not let you go. I found it difficult to take my eyes off the page even when I needed to. I wish I new how to describe this book. But I am unable to because it is indescribable. I can give you a few words and my most favorite and least favorite parts but nothing more so lets start with my least favorite. I'm not big on Troy. Everything he did every way he reacted to things was just disgusting. Decker was my favorite I loved him from his honesty and blunt-ness to his lack or work ethic school wise. Carson is like any popular guy in school, he's a dick. But everyone wants to get with him, because he's hot, suave and, You just can't say no. My favorite part was the end. Not because it was the end it's self but because it held so much important information. It was written where at the end every bit of the story seemed to be summed up all at once. I haven't seen many books that end that well.

1 comment:

In Julie's Opinion said...

Wow! Great review! I won an ARC of this book in a giveaway and it just came in the mail yesterday. I wasn't sure where to put it in my TBR list, but if you liked it that much, I'm moving it to the top! Thanks for the review:)
jwitt33 at live dot com

Popular Posts