I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Easter's Lily

Author: Judy Serrano
Series: ---
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Publication Date: December 16, 2010
How Recieved: For Review
Rate: 4



Summary: It was Easter Sunday; the day Lilly's life went from safe and comfortable to dangerously unfamiliar. Her transformation takes her from a small town girl having an affair with a low ranked gangster in the Montiago crime syndicate, to a woman of grace and fortitude married to the head of the organization. Easter's Lilly is an inspired journey from the idyllic to the darker side of self-discovery. Read as the over-privileged brothers embark on their journey that twists and turns down the road of unbridled passion in this first book of the series.


Review: This may have been the first in the story but it felt like it was the first through like the fourth. This book would have been so much better if it was spread out better but no. Its all complied into one book then it leaves you with a cliffhanger. Why did I give it a four you may ask. Well here's my simple answer it had a great story line and amazing characters if you look past how much is skipped or ignored and how many years this book goes through in 293 pages it is a great book. With strong characters and probably a little bit to many physiological problems. I do really wish I would have just followed what I wrote down but I had to say that first. It's not that I didn't love the book I did! I read it and finished it the first day I got it and it's been a while since I have done that but... I just wish there was something more to it. Maybe I don't understand what she was doing but that's how I feel this is not a book I would buy it's a book I would borrow from the library and see how I feel about it then. After I wrote this I looked at the reviews on Amazon either I was to mean or I was alone. Although I do agree that the book grabbed me from the first page and kept me reading I did have problems to help you under stand what I am talking about I have attached the Amazon reviews here.

No comments:

Popular Posts