I hope everyone has been finding their new favorite book!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Interview with Cyn Balog


Welcome to Jagged Edge!
would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
I'm Cyn. I write paranormal romances for young adults. I live in Pennsylvania. I like ice cream.

What inspired you to write?
I started writing when I was 5, even before I understood that writing was a profession. I figured that reading and writing books were just something everyone did. It came pretty naturally to me.

What authors influenced you as a writer?
Judy Blume and Stephen King. I kind of love teen angst. And gore.

Your favorite character?
Fancy Nancy. She has such style AND she uses big words. That is awesome.

What is your favorite Quote?
Depends on what's going on in my life. But today, it is this: "Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you’re really quite lucky!
Some people are much more…
oh, ever so much more…
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!" That's by Dr. Seuss.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
The Lord of the Rings? I kind of want to be an elf and live in Rivendell.

What is the one thing that every writer needs to have or do?
A shell like a turtle.

Are your books different to your personal favorite books by other authors?
Yes, I love romantic comedies and yet somehow I am writing paranormal books. I can't read too much paranormal. I get sick of it after awhile.

What lead you to writing in this genre?
I wanted to write a book about how your first love might not always be your forever love. But I also had this idea of a guy who found out he was a fairy. I'd never written paranormal before but the idea of a guy telling the other guys around the locker room that he was a fairy really struck me. And the two ideas kind of ended up combining.

Where readers can find you?
I'm at www.cynbalog.com or you can find me on twitter at cynbalog or facebook. Or send me an email at cyn at cynbalog dot com. I love getting emails from readers and try to answer them all.

LAST QUESTION:
Was their a question you wish I would have asked but didn't?
Yes. Why are you the coolest author on the planet? And the answer is, because I just am. Okay, actually, no. You did a lovely job.

No comments:

Popular Posts